Chalk is a soft variety of limestone that can be pigmented and easily manipulated. Various colors can be easily blended using your hands or other tools to create custom hues. These are layered to be able to create stunningly realistic images on nearly any surface. After some time, these creations are eventually washed away, creating a new, blank canvas.
The above pricing examples are a guideline for what to expect when getting quoted a custom chalk design. Each one is unique and will ultimately be up to me (the artist) to decide. Things such as size, complexity, and number of characters factor into the cost.
I also have a travel fee of between $10-$50+ if you are outside of the above zip codes.
I accept payment through either direct deposit or with a card. I will work with you on other options if you need to. Just let me know!
When to pay:
I require a 30% deposit (non-refundable) on chalk art in order to reserve your spot. The remaining 70% is due once the chalk is completed.
If you have to cancel the chalk drawing, please let me know ASAP.
Usually a mural including any characters, icons, etc.. and the wording will be around 4-6 sq. ft. I will try to fit the size of the area provided!
The best surface for chalk art is smooth concrete. I cannot chalk on aggregate, gravel, rough wood, sealed concrete, and surfaces that are too smooth or too bumpy. I can do my best if the surface happens to be brick or stone with multiple gaps but may require an additional charge.
I can draw pretty much anything you can think of! This includes 3-D art, portraits, and logos. I do my best to replicate any photos you want me to use. I can also come up with custom designs for you and will give you a sketch (and one revised sketch if needed) beforehand so that you know exactly what you are getting.
On every chalk art, I sign it with my social tags. This is non-negotiable.
Each chalk drawing is unique and hand-drawn. This means that it will look hand-drawn as well. I will do my best to make it "perfect" but ultimately, it is subject to some amount of human error.
Feel free to include photos, colors, characters, or any other information when discussing the design with me!
Although I can draw pretty much anything, it is up to me (the artist) to decide what my limits are and have the right to refuse to draw something.
I will do my best to work around rain and I accept cancellations up until the day of. Unfortunately the chalk is not permanent and rain will wash it away. I will check with you before I travel there if rain is a concern and determine whether or not it is worth the risk. If my schedule allows it, I can work with you on a later time to do the chalk drawing.
The mural will last until it rains. However, it will fade due to wind after a few days, If you have to drive over the chalk mural, it will only smudge it a tiny bit but the majority of the mural will still look good! If requested, I can also spray the chalk with a light coat of hairspray to make it last a little bit longer.
NOTE: Some colors stain the concrete! Mostly black, red, dark blue, and dark green.
I am not responsible for stains on the concrete. If you are concerned, let me know! And I will either avoid those colors or put a white "protection layer" between the concrete and the colors used.
I usually need at least a week in advance for bookings. However, if you need something sooner, contact me and I'll see if I can fit you in!
If you have any special or unique requests do not hesitate to contact me. I will work with you to make your imagination come to life!